Looking for WSH professionals for your project needs?
QE Safety provides the following professionals for your various projects.
Do you need WSH Professionals?
For a quick reference, we have tabulated the table below. While it is in accordance to the respective regulations, organizations may choose to engage these professionals for a peace of mind if they are unsure.
|WSH Professional||Type of Workplace|
|Do I need a WSHO also known as safety officer||1) Shipyards in which any ship, tanker and other vessels are constructed, reconstructed, repaired, refitted, finished or broken up.|
2) Factories used for processing petroleum or petroleum products.
3) Factories in which building operations or works of engineering construction of a contract sum of $10 million or more are carried out.
4) Any other factories in which 100 or more persons are employed, except those which are used for manufacturing garments.
|Do I need a WSHC also known as safety coordinator||Work site where the contract sum of the building operation or works of engineering construction carried out therein is less than $10 million.|
|Do I need a Confined Space Assessor||Areas that are confined and where it may pose a danger to the employees conducting work|
|Do I need a Work At Heights Assessor||Areas where there is work at height activity in the workplace|
|Do I need a Environmental Control Officer||Areas pertaining to environmental health issues|
If the contract sum of your construction project is $10 million or more
– Part-time ECO is required if the contract sum is between $10 to $50 million
– Full-time ECO is required if the contract sum exceeds $50 million or whenever
|Do I need a Fire Safety Manager||Public Building (inclusive of Commercial Building)|
– is of 9 storeys or more (including any basement) in height;
– is used, constructed or adapted to be used as a hospital;
– has a floor area of 5000 square metres or more;
– has an occupant load of 1000 persons or more
– has a floor area or site area of 5000 square metres or more
– has an occupant load of 1,000 persons or more
|Do I need a Senior Fire Safety Manager||Public or Industrial Building|
– has an occupant load of 5,000 persons or more and
(i) that is of 31 storeys or more (including any basement) in height;
(ii) that has a gross floor area of 50,000 square metres or more; or
(iii) that has a basement storey with a floor area of 10,000 square meters or more; or
– in respect of which fire safety works are carried out according to a plan using an alternative solution the Commissioner may reasonably determine to be complex.