Preventing Falls from Height
As an employer, you should:
- Provide safe and proper access to and egress from heights for employees.
- Install adequate fall prevention/protection systems such as guard rails, scaffolds and covers for openings.
- Establish safe work procedures for various work at height (WAH) activities.
- Provide individual fall arrest system (e.g. safety harness) for employees working at height.
- Educate employees on the proper use of fall arrest devices (e.g. securing to a suitable anchor point).
- Implement a travel restraint system to prevent employees from reaching an unguarded edge.
- You should also develop and implement a fall prevention plan and a permit-to-work system.
QES provides design & consultancy services for fall prevention systems. Contac us for more information.