This course focuses on the principles of ergonomics and human factors, teaching participants how to identify and address ergonomic issues in the workplace. By understanding the relationship between ergonomics, productivity, and safety, participants will learn to create work environments that reduce injuries, enhance efficiency, and promote overall employee well-being. The course covers topics such as risk assessment, office and industrial ergonomics, cognitive ergonomics, and implementing ergonomic solutions.
UTAP grant supported, able to claim up to 50% of course fee.
SDU Points: 16
- Introduction to ergonomics and human factors: This section covers the basic concepts and principles of ergonomics and human factors, including their importance in creating a safe and efficient work environment.
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs): This section covers the different types of MSDs that can result from poor ergonomic design, including back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tendonitis.
- Workplace design and layout: This section covers the principles of workplace design and layout, including workstation design, lighting, and ventilation.
- Manual handling and lifting: This section covers the proper techniques for manual handling and lifting, including safe lifting limits and the use of lifting equipment.
- Work organization and job design: This section covers the principles of work organization and job design, including workload management and task rotation.
- Human factors and safety culture: This section covers the role of human factors and safety culture in creating a safe and efficient work environment, including the importance of communication, training, and feedback.
- Evaluation and improvement: This section covers methods for evaluating and improving ergonomics and human factors in the workplace, including risk assessments, audits, and participatory approaches.
Overall, Ergonomics and Human Factors: Creating a Safe and Efficient Work Environment training typically covers the basics of ergonomics and human factors, MSDs, workplace design and layout, manual handling and lifting, work organization and job design, human factors and safety culture, and evaluation and improvement methods.
This course is specially designed for:
- Managers, Environmental health and safety Professional, Management
- Management implementation, testing and exercising, assessment and evaluation of plans periodically
- Managers or Executives in Organisations providing essential services.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- To promote a healthy and safe work environment for employees, which can lead to increased productivity, reduced absenteeism and injuries, and improved job satisfaction.
- The training provides an understanding of how the design of the workplace, the organization of work, and the interaction between workers and their environment can impact employee well-being and productivity.
- By learning the principles of ergonomics and human factors, participant can make informed decisions about how to work safely and efficiently, while participant can design workspaces and workflows that promote optimal performance and reduce the risk of injuries and musculoskeletal disorders.
- To help organizations comply with relevant health and safety regulations, and demonstrate their commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees.
Mode: Virtual Class
Course Duration: 16 hrs [2 days]
Course Fee: S$550