CONFINED SPACE ASSESSOR
If you wish to engage one of our Confined Space Assessors, do click on the contact us button below and fill-up the form.
- Conduct risk assessment on confined space
- Inspect and certify confined space suitable for usage
- Check for anomalies with tools
Confined space’’ means any chamber, tank, manhole, vat, silo, pit, pipe, flue or other enclosed space, in which —
1. Dangerous gases, vapors, or fumes are liable to be present to such an extent as to involve a risk of fire or explosion, or persons being overcome thereby;
2. The supply of air is inadequate, or is likely to be reduced to be inadequate, for sustaining life; or
3. There is a risk of engulfment by material
Before any person enters or works in a confined space, it shall be the duty of his responsible person to appoint a person whom the responsible person reasonably believes is competent to carry out the duties of a confined space safety assessor, as a confined space safety assessor for the confined space and issue a confined space entry permit upon evaluation.
Confined Space Entry Permit
A confined space entry permit has to be issued by the assessor before entry can be allowed and must specify the following:-
- the description and location of the confined space;
- the purpose of entry into the confined space;
- the results of the gas testing of the atmosphere of the confined space; and
- it’s period of validity.